The Vortex® Fill Pass Diverter™ is specifically engineered to handle dry bulk solids in vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems with pressures up to 15 psig (1 barg) depending on size. It provides a versatile and reliable solution for filling one or more in-line weigh hoppers when material is conveyed pneumatically through a closed loop system. The design of the Fill Pass Diverter utilizes spread hopper inlet/outlet stacks for improved air and material separation reducing fill time and down line material carryover.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Separates air and material before filling the hopper
- Shifts “on the fly”
- Weigh from up to 5 sources and/or materials
- Positive seal through closed ports
- Unobstructed opening
- Serviceable while in-line
- Food friendly options available
- Designed for vacuum or dilute phase pneumatic conveying
- Handles nonabrasive powders, granules and pellets
- Unique stackable valve design
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 2″ – 6″ | 50mm – 150mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- Inherent in their design, traditional fill pass valves have exposed seals which abrade away or no seals at all allowing leakage. The Vortex Fill Pass Valve has a positive leak-tight seal.
- The Fill Pass Diverter provides positive material shut-off resulting in accurate scale weights. No additional material is added to a bin once it has been weighed.
- Food grade polymer seals and stainless steel metal material contact construction provide an economical system design.
|Size/Bore Options||2” to 6” Diameters, Pipe or Tube|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||Compression Couplings|
|Media Temperature||Up to 250°F (121°C) continuous to 300°F (148°C) intermittent service|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||1 barg, 15 psig, depending on size|
|Valve Construction Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and/or Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Rubber, Natural Rubber, and/or Silicone Rubber|
|Drive/Acuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder with Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Reed or Proximity Switch|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Material contact is 316L stainless steel.
A standard tube size diverter is modified with pipe size inlets and outlets. The -P1 modification would match schedule 10 pipe.
A standard tube size diverter is modified with pipe size inlets and outlets. The -P4 modification would match schedule 40 pipe.
Gate blade is electropolished. Polyethylene (PET or UHMW) pressure plate seals are used to replace nylon.
Click here to view Dimensional Information