The Vortex® Aggregate Gate™ is designed to meet demanding applications handling material such as sand, gravel, whole grains, and coal. The narrow profile, choice of actuators, and custom rectangular sizes make this slide gate adaptable to most existing installations. Optional inlet or outlet flanges and dust return pans are available.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Minerals, Mining, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Replaceable abrasion resistant liners deflect material away from support rollers
- Hardened steel rollers with grease fittings
- Material displacement pocket minimizes wedging of material as blade closes
- Square or rectangular sizes available
- Narrow profile
- Gravity flow
- Handles abrasive materials like Coal, Gravel, Sand, and Whole Grains
- Carbon steel material of construction
- Accurate metering of materials with optional controls
- Heavy-duty carbon steel channel frame
- Standard sizes: 6″ – 24″ | 150mm – 600mm | Contact us for custom sizes
- Traditional slide gates slide metal on metal causing racking and galling. These problems are eliminated in the Vortex with the Aggregate Gate’s internal nylon gate liner and blade guide.
- Resilient reinforced rubber seals provide positive material shut off and external dust control not found in traditional gates.
- To extend the service life and provide easy maintenance, Vortex designed the Aggregate with externally accessible grease fittings.
|Size/Bore Options||6” to 24” Square or Rectangular with Round Transition options|
|Media||Aggregates, Granulars, Coal, Minerals|
|Connection Options||ANSI 150LB, DIN/PN10/PN40, JIS/10K, Custom Flanges Square or Rectangular|
|Media Temperature||180°F (82°C) for standard gate with modifications allowing up to 550°F (287°C)|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||0 psig, Gravity Flow Only|
|Valve Construction Options||304 Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, and/or Abrasion Resistant Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||Carbon Steel or 304 Stainless|
|Seal/Seat Material||Silicone Bronze, Chute Rubber, and/or Belted Rubber|
|Drive/Actuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder and Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve, Electric Actuator, Hydraulic, Hand Wheel, or Chainwheel|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Reed, Proximity, or Mechanical Limit Switches|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Minerals, Mining, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Blade and frame are made of 304 stainless steel. Rollers are 440 stainless steel and roller stud bolts are 304 or 18-8 stainless.
Modifications are made allowing 250 F (121 C) continuous to 300 F (149 C) intermittent service.
Modifications are made allowing 400 F (204 C) continuous to 450 F (232 C) intermittent service.
Modifications are made allowing 550 F (288 C) continuous to 600 F (316 C) intermittent service.
Slide blade is made of AR plate for handling more abrasive materials.
The dust seal will help to eliminate or reduce dusting to atmosphere. An example of an application the Enhanced Bonnet Seal option would be good for would be handling rocks with dust present.
Click here to view Dimensional Information