The Vortex Gravity Vee Diverter valve is designed to divert dry bulk solids in a gravity flow conveying system. The design allows for material flow through both outlets simultaneously, one outlet at a time, or a complete shut-off of flow. The Gravity Vee Diverter is also capable of metering flow through either outlet port.
Key Industries Served: Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles
Rated for ATEX Zone 0/20 internal and Zone 1/21 external
- Gravity flow
- Handles nonabrasive to abrasive powders, granular or pellets
- Design allows for total material flow control
- Wear compensating hard polymer seals
- Seals protected from material flow stream
- Food friendly options available
- Positive seal of dust and fine powders
- Serviceable while in-line
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 5″ – 24″ | 125mm – 600mm | Contact us for custom sizes
Multiple actuators allow for independent control of material flow through each outlet.
The bonnet seals can be replaced while the valve is in-line.
- The dual actuators can be used to divert or stream material. They can also shut off material flow in either or both directions. Traditional “A” valves or flop gates require material flow to be shut off before redirecting the material often requireing an additional knife gate above the “A” valve.
- Areas where materials can lodge or remain trapped have been eliminated in the Gravity Vee Diverter, minimizing material cross contamination or spoilage.
- Flop gate or “A” diverters require clearances to operate allowing leakage of fine materials beyond the closed post. The “live” loaded net running seals in the Gravity Vee Diverter provide a positive material seal across the closed port(s).
- The self-cleaning action of the sliding blade of the Gravity Vee removes material. This eliminated the problem of material sticking to the flop gate of an “A” valve preventing a tight seal across the closed port.
|Size/Bore Options||6” to 18” Diameter Square or Rectangular with Round Transitions|
|Media||Powder, Pellets, Granulars|
|Connection Options||SVC Standard Stud Pattern, ANSI, DIN, JIS, Custom Flanges|
|Media Temperature||Up to 180°F (82°C) continuous to 250°F (121°C) intermittent service, modifications allow up to 250°F (121°C) continuous or 300°F (148°C) intermittent service|
|Media Pressure/Vacuum||0 barg, Gravity Flow Only|
|Valve Construction Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, and Carbon Steel|
|Material Contact Options||304 or 316L Stainless Steel, and Carbon Steel|
|Seal/Seat Material||Nylon, PET, UHMW, Glass Filled Teflon, Natural Rubber, Kryptane, and/or Silicone Rubber|
|Drive/Actuation||Double Acting Air Cylinder with Solenoid Operated Air Control Valve, Electric Actuator, or Hand Wheel|
|Position Confirmation||Magnetic Reed, Proximity, or Mechanical Limit Switches|
|Compliance Approvals||CE, ATEX, FDA|
|Industry Use||Agriculture, Chemicals, Foods, Minerals, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Textiles|
|*more modifications available based on application|
Material contact is 316L stainless steel.
Gate blade is electropolished. Polyethylene (PET or UHMW) pressure plate seals are used to replace nylon.
Modifications are made allowing 250 F (121 C) continuous to 300 F (149 C) intermittent service.
Modifications are made allowing 400 F (204 C) continuous to 450 F (232 C) intermittent service.
Hardened steel rollers replace standard nylon rollers and an additional bonnet seal protector is installed.
Bonnet is manufactured with solid, gasketed covers. (Allows the valve to accept air purge.)
Modifications are made to handle medium abrasive products. Includes flow deflector and 3/16″ stainless blade. (Must add the -HS modification for hardened steel rollers.)
Click here to view Dimensional Information